Topics in Operator Algebras
We will cover various topics in operator algebras, with the precise content depending on the interests of the participants, for example
- Dynamical systems and crossed products
- Groups, groupoids and their C*-algebras
- Graph C*-algebras
- K-theory and classification
- von Neumann algebras
- Operator algebras and applications to quantum information theory
- Stability properties of groups and emerging applications
MSc Programme in Mathematics
MSc Programme in Mathematics with a minor subject
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to read and understand current research papers.
- Competences: The student should be able to apply the theory to solve problems of moderate difficulty within the topics of the course.
4 hours of lectures and 2 hours of exercises per week for 8 weeks.
Functional Analysis (FunkAn) and Operator Algebras or similar.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Type of assessment details
- 3 written assignments, each of which counts equally towards the final grade.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
The student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Intended learning outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Project work
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 1
- No limit.
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period.
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Magdalena Elena Musat (5-7f87857386527f73867a407d8740767d)
- Mikael Rørdam (6-858285777480538074877b417e8841777e)
- Søren Eilers (6-787c7f788586538074877b417e8841777e)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students