Macroeconomics 3 (MakØk3) - Business Cycles and Monetary Stabilization Policies
The classical Monetary Model. The Basic New-Keynesian Model. Monetary stabilization policy in the New Keynesian Model. Credibility issues in stabilization policy. Sticky wages and prices and stabilization policy. Applications: Unconventional monetary policy; fiscal policy at the zero lower bound.
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
- the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- welfare rationales for stabilization policies.
- understanding of the scope and limits of macroeconomic stabilization policy with an emphasis on monetary policy
- solving simple versions of modern theoretical models of the business cycle
- understanding the economic mechanisms at work in the mathematical models.
- addressing real-life policy issues using the methods used in the course.
6 hours of combined lecturing and exercises per week for 7 weeks.
Makroøkonomi 1 (MakØk1) and Makroøkonomi 2 (MakØk2)
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written examination, 3 hours under invigilation
- Type of assessment details
- Skriftlig prøve
Kurset er udtaget til ITX-eksamen.
Se vigtig information om ITX-stedprøver på Studieinformation under punktet: Eksamen -> Eksamensform og regler -> Skriftlig stedprøve (ITX-prøve)
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
The student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Intended learning outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 2
- No limit.
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Laura Sunder-Plassmann (22-7d728683723f84867f7576833e817d7284847e727f7f517674807f3f7c863f757c)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students