Stochastic Processes 2
- Sequences of random variables, almost sure convergence, Kolmogorov's 0-1 law.
- The strong law of large numbers.
- Weak convergence of probability measures. Characteristic functions.
- The central limit theorem. Triangular arrays and Lindebergs condition. The multivariate central limit theorem.
- The ergodic theorem.
BSc Programme in Actuarial Mathematics
- Fundamental convergence concepts and results in probability theory.
Skills: Ability to
- use the results obtained in the course to verify almost sure convergence or convergence in law of a sequence of random variables.
- verify conditions for the central limit theorem to hold.
- translate between sequences of random variables and iterative compositions of maps.
Competences: Ability to
- formulate and prove probabilistic results on limits of an infinite sequence of random variables.
- discuss the differences between the convergence concepts.
5 hours of lectures and 3 hours of exercises per week for 7 weeks.
Sandsynlighedsteori (Sand) - alternatively Mål- og integralteori (MI) from previous years.
The course is similar to the course Advanced Probability Theory 1 (VidSand1) (NMAK11003U)
Written feedback in the form of comments to the compulsory
Oral feedback during exercise classes, as a response to the
contribution of the students to the solution process of the
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written examination, 4 hours under invigilation
- Type of assessment details
- Skriftlig prøve
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner.
Criteria for exam assessment
The student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Intended learning outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Theory exercises
- Project work
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Block 1
- No limit
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Ernst Hansen (8-6b786e6774796b744673677a6e34717b346a71)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students