Project Course in Geography and Geoinformatics
The project course provides an opportunity for the student to write a literature review or become familiar with techniques and/or equipment in relation to initiating an MSc thesis study in Geography and Geoinformatics. The chosen subject must be within geography.
The teaching form is supervision.
The student must identify and contact a potential supervisor at the Section of Geography at the Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management.
When an aggrement has been made, the student must send an email to Morten Agerbo Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org) who then will add the student and the supervisor to an Absalon room.
The Absalon room contains information about the written assignment; number of pages and where and when it must be submittted.
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics
MSc Programme in Geography and Geoinformatics with a minor subject
- Subjects within the main research themes of Geography at University of Copenhagen: Transformation of Cities and Landscapes; Environment and Society in Developing Countries; Geomorphology, Processes and Landscapes; Terrestrial Ecosystem Analysis - Processes and Interplay between Climate, Soil and Water; Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing.
- identify and understand scientific literature related to the subject.
- critically evaluate methods and collection of data and to design smaller research projects.
- use correct scientific definitions and terms.
- analyse and discuss data-sets.
- give a short, concise and well-illustrated oral presentation on the basis of scientific papers.
- write a short, concise report aimed at peers within business, public institutions or research institutions.
- Organize and carry out a scientific study and to be able to analyze, evaluate, document and communicate the results of the study.
BSc in Geography and Geoinformatics or equivalent is recommended
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written assignment, Ongoing preparation throughout the course
- Type of assessment details
- The written assignment is prepared during the course and must be handed in prior to the exam week.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assessment
See learning outcome
Single subject courses (day)
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 1, Block 2, Block 3, Block 4 And Summer
- No limitation
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Geosciences and Management
- Department of Geoscience and Natural Resource Management
- Faculty of Science
- Ole Mertz (2-7d7b4e77757c3c79833c7279)
All scientific staff at the Section of Geography at the Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management.
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students