Gene Technology - Nano (GentekN)
The course includes:
- A thourough review of gene technology methods
- Cellular control of macromolecular biosynthesis with emphasis on the experimental basis
- Generation of genome- and cDNA libraries
- Screening of libraries including expression cloning in Xenopus oocytes and Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Genome-, trancriptome- and proteome analysis
- Production of transgenic animals
- Heterologous expression in bacteria, yeast/fungi, insect cells, mammalian cells and whole animals
BSc Programme in Molecular Biomedicine
BSc Programme in Nanoscience
The student will obtain detailed knowledge on
- gene technology methods
- cellular control of macromolecular biosynthesis with emphasis on the experimental basis
- generation of genome- and cDNA libraries
- screening of libraries including expression cloning in Xenopus oocytes and Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- genome-, trancriptome- and proteome analysis
- production of transgenic animals
- heterologous expression in bacteria, yeast/fungi, insect cells, mammalian cells and whole animals
The student gains core competences within modern gene technology. The degree of confidence with modern gene technology/molecular biology obtained during the course allows him/her to design gene technology/molecular biology experiments based upon known gene technological methods. The student obtains experience with critical interpretation and treatment of original molecular biology data.
The two most important competences obtained by the student are to comprehend scientific data and put them in a genetechnology/molecular biology context and to use the genetechnology toolbox to solve real genetechnological/molecular biology problems.
Lectures, problem solving.
The course is offered to students in Nanotechnology and related educations. Knowledge corresponding to the content of the course: Nanobio1.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written examination, 4 hours under invigilation
- Type of assessment details
The course has been selected for ITX exam
See important information about ITX-exams at Study Information, menu point: Exams -> Exam types and rules -> Written on-site exams (ITX)
- All aids allowed
As the exam is an ITX-exam, the University will make computers available to students at the exam. Students are therefore not permitted to bring their own computers, tablets, calculators, or mobile phones.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
In order to obtain the grade 12 the student should convincingly and accurately demonstrate the knowledge, skills and competences described under Learning Outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Class Instruction
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Block 1
- No limit
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Physics, Chemistry and Nanoscience
- Department of Biology
- Faculty of Science
- Per Amstrup Pedersen (10-7364736867687576687143656c72316e7831676e)
Rasmus Hartmann-Petersen, Henriette Pilegaard.
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students