COG Research Project
The course aims to enable students to plan and conduct small scale empirical research projects. To do so, the course elaborates upon the connections between research strategy, design and methods and upon the various stage of concrete empirical projects. The course goes into more depth regarding key data analysis procedures within quantitative and qualitative research designs. The course also elaborates on the concept of empirical research as a process, where the final result is a written research report.
The academic targets for the course are:
Knowledge and understanding of:
- key relationships involved in planning as well as conducting small scale empirical research projects.
- methods for collection, storage, and manipulation of various types of data within applied social science and communication research projects
- planning and conducting a small-scale self-selected research project
- writing up a research report for a small-scale research project
- identifying, characterizing and substantiating in detail the strategy, design, and methods of a small-scale research project
- systematically documenting the key components and stages of a small-scale research project
- identifying, critically reflecting upon, and evaluating key potentials and limitations of small-scale research projects
The course involves lectures, exercises and workshops dedicated to data analysis procedures as well as presentation of preliminary results.
The course literature consists of an introductory textbook in social science research, select chapters and excerpts from textbooks and other methodological academic resources, and a selection of academic journal articles.
The course builds directly upon the methodological component of the course Communication Theory and Research Design.
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Exam registration requirements
- Censorship form
- External censorship
- Exam period
Criteria for exam assessment
- Class Instruction
- Course number
- 15 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Study Board of Communication
- Department of Communication
- Faculty of Humanities
- Andreas Lindegaard Gregersen (3-646a75436b7870316e7831676e)
Andreas Lindegaard Gregersen
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students