Elective Course - An Introduction to Sports and eSports Psychology
Sport is a crucial aspect of people's lives. Many people do, watch, and/or talk about sport. Doing and/or watching sport affects one’s emotions, feelings, fitness, health, self-view, social relations etc. Even not doing any sport affects one’s (long-term) health.
In this elective course, we will learn about different psychological and psychological-based aspects related to sport. Examples of topics are cognitions, gender, emotions, leadership, motivation, performance, social relations, team dynamics, or the role of spectators. The contents will be discussed via examples from different individual- and team-based sports, including eSports.
Typically, each class will start with a general (lecture-like) introduction, followed by delving into specific research articles and/or activities aiming to transfer research knowledge into practice. Most likely, there will also be some visits by people working in the field of Sport and eSports Psychology (in the past, there were between 3-4 guests per course).
Kandidatuddannelsen i Psykologi 2015 – studieordningen
Full-degree students enrolled at the Faculty of Social Science, UCPH
- Master Programme in Social Data Science
- Bachelor and Master Programmes in Psychology
- Master Programe in Political Science
The purpose of these modules is to expand knowledge or put the psychological subject area into perspective through theoretical or empirical specialisation within subject areas within or related to psychology.
Upon completion of the elective subject module within the Department of Psychology, students are able to:
- describe and account for relevant concepts and themes within the elective subject
- describe and account for relevant methodological approaches in relation to the subject matter for the elective subject
- explain contexts, analyse and/or conduct procedures relevant to the elective subject under supervision.
In addition to the stated literature, students must provide 400 pages of their own search.
Registration period November 15 - December 1
International students can find information on course registration and deadlines at New exchange and guest students – Faculty of Social Sciences - University of Copenhagen (ku.dk)
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Type of assessment details
- Extent of written assignment: Maximum 12 pages.
Each student must submit an exam that summarizes relevant literature with regard to a self-chosen topic from the field of Sport and eSports Psychology. More detailed information about the active participation and exam will be presented in the first class.
The exam can only be taken individually.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
See Learning Outcome.
- Class Instruction
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
1 semester10 weeks, starts week 6
- Department of Psychology, Study Council
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Political Science
- Social Data Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Ida Emilia Backman (14-6d7571747169366a696b7375697648787b8136737d366c73)
Ida Emilia Backman
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students