Pharma I - Drug Discovery and Preclinical Development
This course gives an overview of the pre-clinical phase of discovery and development of medical drugs. The participants will be able to communicate professionally with the various specialist groups within the area of drug development.
The topics taught are:
Target evaluation and biopharmaceuticals
Identification of lead structures
Medicinal chemistry: Lead optimization and synthesis
Animal biology and pharmacology
BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme
Upon completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Give a comprehensive overview of the pre-clinical phase of discovery and development of medicines
- Identify correct professional terms in drug discovery and pre-clinical development of medicines
- List major steps and elements of the pre-clinical drug development process
- Outline definitions of key concepts and the fundamentals of the major disciplines in drug discovery and pre-clinical development
- Appraise the integration of the various basic disciplines into the process of discovery and pre-clinical development of medicines
- Analyse the sequence and flow of the various steps in the process of drug discovery and pre-clinical development
- Liaise with all steps of drug discovery and pre-clinical development
- Identify critical factors and bottlenecks that influence the pre-clinical drug development process
- Promote and state milestones for the progress of the pre-clinical development of a medical product
- Communicate professionally with the various specialist groups within the area of development of medicines
The course is organized as an intensive five day course comprising lectures, group discussions, and case studies; followed by self-planned group work ending with presentations and discussions the following Friday afternoon.
Course literature is published on Absalon.
Participants must meet the admission criteria in BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme.
The BRIDGE – Translational Excellence Programme offers a few select graduated PhDs a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in translational medicine. The courses are only available to the fellows enrolled in the programme. Fellows are automatically enrolled in the courses upon appointment in the programme.
For further information: https://bridge.ku.dk/about/
- 0 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Continuous assessmentCourse participation
- Type of assessment details
- Attendance and active participation.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
Active contribution and course participation according to the BRIDGE Guidelines.
Part time Master and Diploma courses
- Theory exercises
- Project work
- Course number
- 0 ECTS
- Programme level
- Part Time Master
See course dates and course programme in Absalon
- 15 participants
- Study Board for the Professionel Master´s Degree Programmes at The Faculty og Health and Medical Science
- Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Anders Bach (11-69766c6d7a7b366a696b70487b7d766c36737d366c73)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students