The course will focus on modern immunology, with special
emphasis on the current research areas of interest to the biotech
The course will cover the basic principles of the immune system and its regulation and give an updated insight into modern molecular immunology.
MSc Programme in Biotechnology - semi-compulsory
MSc Programme in Molecular Biomedicine - semi-compulsory
The objective is to provide the student with an updated
knowledge about immunology and the immune system.
The course will cover key elements in the development, activation and regulation of the innate and adaptive immunune system.
- Describe the cells and structural building of the immune system.
- Understand how the Innate immune system works, including creation of inflammation and specific ways of patogen recognition and phagocytosis.
- Understand the basic principles that controls adaptive immunity, including development of antigen specific receptors (TCR and BCR), nature and function of MHC molecules, activation and regulation of T and B cells, development of immunological memory.
- Insight in the molecular signal regulation of immunity, including cytokines and intracellular signal mechanisms.
Use immunologically founded reasoning on various scientific problems concerning health and related issues.
Have acquired knowledge to discuss immunological literature and an updated knowledge of molecular immunology - both basic and more specialised areas
Lectures, problem solving.
Janeway's Immunobiology, 9th edition.
Competencies corresponding to LKEB10077U Biokemi 1 or LBIB10125U Cellebiologi.
The primary feedback will be given during the theoretical exercises.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written examination, 4 hours under invigilation
- Type of assessment details
- 4h written exam without books. The grade is based on an overall assessment of the answers.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
More than one internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
See learning outcome
- Theory exercises
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 1
- Study Board for the Biological Area
- Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Søren Skov (4-7672766e4376787167316e7831676e)
Staff and scientists from the Immunology groups at the section of Biomedicine.
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students