Nutrition, Public Health & Project Planning
The course will focus on describing, exemplifying, discussing and applying concepts, strategies and theories used in public health and nutrition. A strong focus in the course is project planning within the field of nutrition and health promotion. The course will use real life examples from a Danish context.
MSc Programme in Human Nutrition
- Explain and exemplify basic concepts, theories and strategies in public health science, with special focus on nutrition and health.
- Describe and explain processes behind the planning of public health projects in the field of nutrition.
- Identify and compare the roles, interests and responsibilities of central public and private stakeholders within nutrition and health.
- Describe and explain concepts used in an acknowledged project planning model.
- Explain how the main topics of the course relate to the UN sustainable development goals.
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses related to strategies and models used in public health.
- Critically choose and apply preventive strategy theories and methods in the planning of a public health project; hereunder demonstrate the ability to conduct a participation analysis, formulate aims and success criteria, identify determinants for the health behaviors and outcomes of the target group, and choose relevant scientific methods for evaluating the intervention.
- Demonstrate overview of project management tools to be used in the execution of the project.
- Critically compare, evaluate and discuss models and theories used in public health.
- Develop and design a scientifically founded health-promoting project by use of an established project planning model, in a self-structured multi-disciplinary group work.
- Discuss the roles, interests and responsibilities of central public and private stakeholders within nutrition and health.
The course will be a combination of lectures, group work, quizzes, seminars and exercises. The course includes lectures on an acknowledged project planning model and project management tools. In groups, the students will plan a public health project based on this model, and write a group report.
See Absalon for a list of course literature.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
The course is identical to the discontinued course LLEK10298U
Public Health and Nutrition. Therefore you cannot register for
NNEK21002U - Nutrition, Public Health & Project Planning, if
you have already passed LLEK10298U Public Health and Nutrition.
If you are registered with examination attempts in LLEK10298U Public Health and Nutrition without having passed the course, you have to use your last examination attempts to pass the exam in NNEK21002U - Nutrition, Public Health & Project Planning. You have a total of three examination attempts.
- Quizzes with discussion of answers
- Project supervision
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Oral examination, 20 minutes
- Type of assessment details
- Oral examination in the curriculum and in the group report (synopsis report where students in groups have designed a public health intervention).
- Only certain aids allowed
The student's own written group report is allowed, but no other curricular material or notes.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners
Criteria for exam assessment
See Learning Outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Theory exercises
- Project work
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 4
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Food, Human Nutrition and Sports
- Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports
- Department of Food and Resource Economics
- Faculty of Science
- Camilla Trab Damsgaard (3-738474507e7588833e7b853e747b)
- Kia Ditlevsen (3-7b7d74507976827f3e7b853e747b)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students