Cancelled Topics in Geometry
We will cover various advanced topics in modern and classic differential geometry and Riemannian geometry, such as prescribed curvature problems, variational problems in geometry, curvature flows, geometric analytical methods, with the precise content varying each year and depending on the interests of the participants.
4 hours of lectures and 3 hours of exercises for 9 weeks.
Please note that to prepare lectures as a participant in this topics course is a substantial time commitment. So participants should plan their time accordingly.
MSc students, who have taken Geometry 2 and preferably
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Type of assessment details
- Weekly written assignments combined with 2-4 in-class oral presentations (depending on the number of enrolled students). The written assignments together are weighted the same as the in-class oral presentations together, and the course performance is assessed as a whole.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
Single subject courses (day)
- Theory exercises
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 1
- No limit
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Niels Martin Møller (7-56557774746d7a4875697c7036737d366c73)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students