Topics in Algebraic Topology (TopTopics)
We will cover various topics in contemporary algebraic topology, such as stable homotopy theory, unstable homotopy theory, equivariant methods, or geometric questions, with the precise content depending on the interests of the participants.
MSc Programme in Mathematics
4 hours of lectures and 3 hours of exercises for 9 weeks.
Please note that to prepare a lecture is a substantial time commitment. So participants should plan their time accordingly.
MSc students, who have taken AlgTop2 and preferably CatTop.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Type of assessment details
- Written assignments combined with 2-4 in-class oral presentations (depending on the number of participants). The written assignments are weighted the same as the in-class oral presentations together, and the course performance is assessed as a whole.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
Single subject courses (day)
- Theory exercises
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 2
- No limit
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Lars Hesselholt (5-6f6475766b437064776b316e7831676e)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students