Project in Statistics
This project course on advanced statistical modeling is a compulsory part of the MSc program in statistics. The content of the course presumes a mathematical level corresponding to this MSc program, and consists of:
- An advanced subject in statistical modeling.
- Independent literature studies.
- Theoretical work on models and methods relevant for data analysis.
- Practical work on statistical modeling, implementation and/or data analysis.
- Organization of a larger project and writing of reports.
- Written presentation of methodology, data analysis and results.
The exact subjects and how the different components above are weighed depend on the supervisors assigned to the course. A list of projects will be offered at the beginning of the course, and the participants will choose one from that list.
Examples of advanced subjects are:
- Classification and machine learning.
- High-dimensional statistics.
- Functional data analysis.
- Bayesian analysis and Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC).
- Mixed and hierarchical models.
- Graphical models.
- Applied biostatistics.
- Causal inference.
- Dynamical systems.
MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics
MSc Programme in Statistics
Project under supervision.
The participants are expected to have the mathematical and
statistical competences of a MSc student in statistics and have
passed the course Regression (Reg).
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
This course is reserved for students in the MSc Programme in Mathematics-Economics and the MSc Programme in Statistics.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Type of assessment details
- Final individual report
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
- Project work
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 4
- No limit
The number of seats may be reduced in the late registration period
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Robyn Margaret Stuart (5-5471647b70426f63766a306d7730666d)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students