English - Free topic A: Reading and Writing: Theory, Practice, and Assessment (FLA)
Academic literacy skills form an important part of the teaching of English as a foreign language in the Danish educational system. This course discusses different theoretical models of communicative competence and their application in foreign language teaching with a focus on reading and writing. The learning and teaching of these two skills are approached from the vantage point of the interrelationship between first and second language acquisition, and the course covers the cognitive and the social dimensions of reading and writing, as well as the different methods for their assessment. Theoretical models of reading and writing processes and assessment methods, as well as empirical studies of these processes and methods in the foreign language will be addressed. Implications for the foreign language classroom will form an essential part of the course.
Classes, with particular emphasis on reading primary and secondary texts, oral discussion and developing proficiency in English.
This course only leads to exams Foreign Language Acqusition,
Free Topic 1, Free Topic 2 and Free Topic 3.
Students using this course to Foreign Language Acqusition will be given priority.
- 15 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Portfolio, A joint portfolio uploaded in digital exam: Deadline June 2nd 2023
- Type of assessment details
- As part of the exam, the students will submit four assignments over the course of the semester, defining a topic (May 1), literature review (May 8), and task design (May 15). These assignments will be submitted as part of a 21-15 page portfolio at the end of the semester.
Criteria for exam assessment
Single subject courses (day)
- Class Instruction
- Course number
- 15 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
Full Degree Master choice
- Study board of English, Germanic and Romance Studies
- Department of English, Germanic and Romance Studies
- Faculty of Humanities
- Sanne Larsen (7-77657272697065446c7971326f7932686f)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students