The Centre of African Studies runs a Thesis Seminar each semester. MA students must sign up for the thesis seminar.
The Thesis Seminar provides a forum in which you can present your thesis work and ideas and discuss issues related to thesis writing such as research question, working with theory, analysis, writing, structure etc. In the seminar, we will work with the texts, questions, and other material you will bring. The content and focus of the seminar is flexible and can be adjusted along the way.
MA programme in African Studies
The aim is for the student to acquire the following qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge of a specific area within the field of African Studies.
- Ability to independently and competently identify and define an issue and to investigate it utilising academic methods and scientific argumentation.
- Ability to independently search for, select and utilise relevant literature and other material.
- Ability to independently and confidently analyse the issue in question from a theoretical and methodological point of view.
- Ability to confidently demonstrate the interdisciplinary methodologies that have been practised throughout the course of study.
- Ability to communicate academic content clearly and concisely in writing at a high academic level.
- Ability to complete a comprehensive project within a set time-frame.
The thesis seminar is organized as a series of workshops and is based on the active participation of students.
The thesis is written in the 4th semester.
- 0 ECTS
- Type of assessment
- Marking scale
- Without assessment
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
- Class Instruction
- Course number
- 0 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Autumn And Spring
On selected fridays during the semester - see Absalon for more information
- Study board of African Studies
- African Studies
- Faculty of Theology
- Stig Eduard Breitenstein Jensen (3-797a6f467a6b757234717b346a71)
- Jacob Kristian Worsøe (3-70717d467a6b757234717b346a71)
Autumn: Jacob Kristian Worsøe
Spring: Stig Jensen
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students