Translational Research Management and Leadership
Introduction to management and leadership
Management versus leadership, impact of cultural differences, managing your self, communication, feedback and criticism, managing meetings, and how to begin to improve your leadership skills.
Working in a team
Self-awareness, how your personality impact on your interaction in a team, dynamics in teams, team skills, how to change roles in a team, how to view a situation from different perspectives, how to identify factors influencing motivation, dynamics of conflicts, and dealing with conflicts.
Introduction to coaching and coaching tools, how to delegate, transitioning from postdoc to leader of a research group, how to build relationships based on interest and opportunity, and how to develop strategies and leadership.
BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme
A two-year postdoctoral fellowship in translational medicine
On completion of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Knowledge of basic theories in translational research management and leadership
- Knowledge of the different contexts in which a research leader operates - from academia to industry and from basic to clinical science
- Knowledge of the skills needed to manage multi-disciplinary research projects.
- Have acquired the skills to begin build self-awareness of own role as research manager
- Have acquired the tools to begin developing teamwork skills
- Design basic outlines for own research management and leadership strategy
- Critically evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of different ways to organize a research team
- Understand the central aspects of team interaction
• Interactive lectures, class room discussions and group work
• Individual reading and reflection
Course literature is published on Absalon.
Course literature includes:
Ken Peach; Managing Science: Developing your Research, Leadership and Management Skills; ISBN-13: 9780198796077.
Participants must meet the admission criteria in BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme
Automatic registration upon appointment in the Translational Excellence Program
- 0 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Continuous assessmentCourse participationAttendance and active participation
• Pre- and post- self-evaluation
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
Active contribution and course participation according to the BRIDGE Guidelines.
Part time Master and Diploma courses
- Theory exercises
- Exam Preparation
- Course number
- 0 ECTS
- Programme level
- Part Time Master
See course dates and course programme in Absalon
- 15 participants
- Study Board for the Professionel Master´s Degree Programmes at The Faculty og Health and Medical Science
- Department of Clinical Medicine
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Peter Rossing (13-566b7a6b7834587579796f746d46786b6d6f75746e346a71)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students