Translational Tools I
This course will expand the participants translational toolbox, with a focus on cellular and animal models.
The topics taught are:
- Research data management
- Introduction to and discussion of the use of cellular models, human tissue, rodent models and large animal models in translational research
- Translational research in the pharmaceutical industry: Excursion to pharmaceutical industry; Best preclinical models
Academic engagement: The participants will discuss the strength and weaknesses of the translational tools they apply in their own research.
BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme
A two-year postdoctoral fellowship in translational medicine
On completion of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Discuss principles of research data management and data management plans
- Explain suitability of different experimental model systems, and how they can be used in translational research
- Determine current practices how pharmaceutical industry use experimental model system in translational research
- Prepare a draft of the fellow’s research data management plan
- Assess which model system would be optimal for their research
- Prepare a research data management plan that complies with requirements by funding agencies and other stakeholders
- Critically evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of different experimental model systems
- Understand the central aspects of translational tools and be able to discuss and communicate these to other scientists, clinicians, and the public
The teaching/learning methods comprise a combination of lectures, group work/workshops, practical exercises and excursions to pharmaceutical companies and animal facilities. Lectures will be given by specialists in the field from both academia and the industry.
Course literature is published on Absalon.
Course literature includes:
Online material and e-learning module on Research Data Management
Review articles and original research articles
Participants must meet the admission criteria in BRIDGE - Translational Excellence Programme
Automatic registration upon appointment in the Translational Excellence Programme
- 0 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Continuous assessmentCourse participationAttendance and active participation
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
Active contribution and course participation according to the BRIDGE Guidelines.
Part time Master and Diploma courses
- Theory exercises
- Exam Preparation
- Course number
- 0 ECTS
- Programme level
- Part Time Master
See course dates and course programme in Absalon
*This course is offered in autumn 2022 for BRIDGE 2021-2023.
- 15 participants
- Study Board for the Professionel Master´s Degree Programmes at The Faculty og Health and Medical Science
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Bo Hjorth Bentzen (4-647164674275777066306d7730666d)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students