Complex Analysis 2
The course covers
- Holomorphic and harmonic functions and Poisson integrals
- Normal families, conformal mapping and Riemann's mapping theorem
- Infinite products and Weierstrass factorization
- Growth of entire functions
- Picard's theorems
- Eulers Gamma function
and related topics
MSc Programme in Mathematics
Knowledge: After completing the course the student is expected to have a thorough knowledge of definitions, theorems and examples related to the topics mentioned in the description of the course content and to have a deeper knowledge of complex analysis, both from an analytic and a geometric/topological point of view.
Skills: At the end of the course the student is expected to have the ability to use the acquired knowledge to follow arguments and proofs of advanced level as well as to solve relevant problems using complex methods.
Competences: At the end of the course the
student is expected to be able to:
1. Reproduce key results presented in the course together with detailed proofs thereof,
2. Construct proofs of results in complex analysis at the level of this course,
3. Use the course content to study relevant examples and to solve concrete problems.
Five hours of lectures and two hours of exercise sessions per week for 7 weeks.
Introductory complex analysis (e.g. the course KomAn). We shall
occationally use results from introductory measure theory, such as
Lebesgue's dominated convergence theorem.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Oral examination, 30 minutesThere will be 30 minutes of preparation time before the oral examination.
- Only certain aids allowed
All aids allowed during the preparation time. No aids allowed during the examination.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Several internal examiners.
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
Single subject courses (day)
- Exam Preparation
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 2
- no limit
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Henrik Laurberg Pedersen (7-706d767a7173784875697c7036737d366c73)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students