Cancelled Topics in Operator Algebras
We will cover various topics in operator algebras, with the precise content depending on the interests of the participants, for example
- Dynamical systems and crossed products
- Groups, groupoids and their C*-algebras
- Graph C*-algebras
- K-theory and classification
- von Neumann algebras
- Operator algebras and applications to quantum information theory
- Knowledge: To display knowledge of the course topics and content.
- Skills: To be able to use the acquired knowledge to read and understand current research papers.
- Competences: The student should be able to apply the theory to solve problems of moderate difficulty within the topics of the course.
4 hours of lectures and 2 hours of exercises per week for 8 weeks.
Functional Analysis (FunkAn) and Introduction to Operator
Algebras (IntroOpAlg) or similar.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Continuous assessmentDuring the course each participant gives a 45 min presentation on a topic from the course syllabus, and she/he also provides lecture notes for the presentation.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
Single subject courses (day)
- Project work
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- Block 2
- No limit
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Mikael Rørdam (6-777477696672457266796d33707a336970)
- Magdalena Elena Musat (5-7179776578447165786c326f7932686f)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students