This course comprises instruction in Kiswahili, including
grammar and text reading. To participate, the student must have
completed Kiswahili 1.
In relation to work, education and everyday life, the main objective of the course is to develop the student’s communication skills, that is, to use coherent, nuanced, complex and a high degree of correct language in situations, in which the context and content are both known and unknown. The student will be able to understand commonly occurring communication where the language used is nuanced, as well as analyse complex texts, write clear, concise, grammatically correct and accurately spelled prose.
MA in African Studies
The aim is for the student to acquire the following qualifications:
- Mastery of the language at a level enabling him or her to conduct a conversation and read relatively simple texts in Kiswahili. The level should correspond to level 2-3 on the UN scale for language proficiency.
- A broad understanding of the Kiswahili language, including its history and contemporary use.
- Develop skills in the interpretation of both literary and non-literary texts, including spoken, written and multi-modal texts.
- Ability to formulate complex sentences in Kiswahili and analyse their morphology and syntax.
Teaching with class participation.
To participate, the student must have completed Kiswahili 1.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Oral examination, 60 min.The exam takes the form of an oral exam. It is 30 minutes long including assessment, with 30 minutes of preparation time and access to specified reference works.
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Single subject courses (day)
- Class Instruction
- Course Preparation
- Exam Preparation
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
BachelorBachelor choiceFull Degree Master choicePart Time Master
Please see here: http://teol.ku.dk/cas/programmes/part-time/
First lesson is in week 6
- Study board of African Studies
- African Studies
- Faculty of Theology
- Peter Kihariri Mutahi (12-756a796a7770727a79666d6e45796a747133707a336970)
Peter Kihariri Mutahi
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students