Exam in Dermatology and Venereology in English
Kandidatuddannelsen i medicin
Msc in Medicine
- 2,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Oral examination, 30 minutes30 minute oral examination based on specific cases (one or more on dermatology and venereology). There is no preparation time.
- Without aids
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- External censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
To obtain the grade 12 the student must demonstrate the following abilities:
As a medical expert, health advocate and as a professional.
- to be able to define diagnostic criteria for common skin diseases and sexually transmitted diseases
- to suggest differential diagnoses for common skin- and sexually transmitted diseases
- to succinctly describe pathogenesis of common inflammatory skin diseases and skin cancer
- to summarize skin manifestations of systemic diseases and describe important skin reactions to drugs
- to describe the impact of skin diseases on quality of life
- to explain preventive measures for skin cancer, chronic wounds,
contact dermatitis and sexually transmitted diseases.
- to give a thorough, objective description of skin diseases using dermatological terminology
- to plan diagnostic procedures for a patient with a skin- or sexually transmitted disease
- to interpret the results of diagnostic tests used in
- to inform the patient about the cause, diagnosis, and treatment
- to initiate the treatment in an uncomplicated case of skin disease
- to determine whether a patient with skin disease should be referred to a specialist
- to identify life-threatening and serious skin diseases and to be able to initiate the treatment of these conditions.
- Course number
- 2,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- The Study Board for Medicine and Health Science
- Department of Clinical Medicine
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Ditte Marie Saunte (4-6e737d6b4a7c6f717379787d746b6f76766b786e386e75)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students