CANCELLED: Nutrition in Global Health
The course will focus on nutrition themes relevant to global health.
The themes include:
- Infant and child nutrition
- Prevention and treatment of undernutrition
- Nutrition and infections
- Nutrition transition and the double burden
Although the focus is on nutrition and health science, the themes will be seen in a broader context and a social science perspective will be included when relevant.
MSc Programme in Environment and Development
MSc Programme in Human Nutrition
After completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Describe the major nutrition problems related to global health
- List the most vulnerable population groups and explain the underlying determinants
- Evaluate the determinants of nutrition problems in low income settings
- Discuss strengths and limitations of strategies to prevent and treat nutrition-related global health challenges
- Critically assess scientific literature, identify knowledge gaps and develop plans for further studies
- Interact in interdisciplinary teams and suggest feasible solutions to nutrition related global health challenges.
The course is using blended learning with online teaching and on campus teaching. Online-lectures and discussions and self-assessment tests will be blended with short face-to-face lectures, group exercises, and journal clubs.
The participants are expected to have some knowledge of human
nutrition before signing up for this course.
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Written assignment, 27 hoursThe exam consists of a written take home assignment, based on scientific papers. The students have 27 hours to do the assignment and are allowed to use all course literature, notes, Internet and to discuss, but each student has to make an individual answer and is not allowed to copy writing from other students. The evaluation will consider analytical skills and strength of the arguments and the overall structure of the answer.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- 7-point grading scale
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
Criteria for exam assessment
Please see learning outcome.
Single subject courses (day)
- Theory exercises
- Practical exercises
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
CBlended learning course: elearning and on campus.
- No restrictions
- Study Board of Food, Human Nutrition and Sports
- Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports
- Department of International Health, Immunology and Microbiology
- Faculty of Science
- Henrik Friis (3-6c6a764472697c77326f7932686f)
- Mette Frahm Olsen (3-7169734472697c77326f7932686f)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students