Advanced Mathematical Physics (AdvMathPhys)
- Selected topics in Quantum Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics. Besides fundamental issues the course will focus on more specialized topics depending on the interests and preferences of the participants. Among these topics may be a selection from the following list: spectral theory for unbounded operators, the Schrödinger equation and Stone's theorem, perturbation theory, scattering theory, stability of matter; quantum information theory and if time permits many-body systems or statistical mechanics.
MSc Programme in Mathematics
MSc Programme in Mathematics w. a minor subject
MSc Programme in Physics
4 hours of lectures and 2 hours of exercises each week for 9 weeks.
FunkAn or DifFun
Academic qualifications equivalent to a BSc degree is recommended.
- no physics background needed
- accessible also to students of physics
- 7,5 ECTS
- Type of assessment
Continuous assessmentOne seminar presentation and three written assignments. The student must pass all assignments and the seminar. Assignments can be resubmitted once.
- All aids allowed
- Marking scale
- passed/not passed
- Censorship form
- No external censorship
One internal examiner
Criteria for exam assessment
The student must in a satisfactory way demonstrate that he/she has mastered the learning outcome of the course.
Single subject courses (day)
- Course number
- 7,5 ECTS
- Programme level
- Full Degree Master
- No limit
- Study Board of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Jan Philip Solovej (7-75716e7178676c426f63766a306d7730666d)
- Alexander Bols (6-4b766f82374c4a776b7e7238757f386e75)
Are you BA- or KA-student?
Courseinformation of students